Fashion Revolution Day 2014
Fashion, can it be a force for good?
Last year, on the 24th April, the Rana Plaza factory complex in Dhaka, Bangladesh collapsed, killing 1133 people and injuring thousands more, many of them garment factory workers. Events such as this bring with them the realization that the majority of us do not know how or where our clothes have been produced, nor are aware of the devastating impacts the fashion industry can have. As a global annual event, Fashion Revolution Day is an opportunity to celebrate fashion as a positive influence, raise awareness of the fashion industry's most pressing issues, show that change is possible and celebrate those who are on a journey to create a more ethical and sustainable future for fashion.
Who made your clothes?
Fashion Revolution Day 2014 is a global campaign to increase awareness and understanding of the problems in the fashion industry. Singaporeans will be encouraged to turn their clothes inside out on 24th April 2014 in order to question and raise awareness about who made their clothes, where and how. Wear your clothes #insideout, take a selfie and post onto our Facebook page with the hastag #insideout and #whomadeyourclothes.
Public Event on 26 April 2014
There will be a series of concurrent activities at *SCAPE (Alfresco Area) on 26 April 2014, Saturday. Learn about the fashion industry and how it can be a force for good.
- Clothes Swap by TOPSWOP - bring your pre-loved clothes and swap them for "new"ones. A professional image consultant will be there to give you fashion advice. You can head onto the DIY Fashion station if you would like to add your own personal touch to your new find.
- DIY Fashion by Green Issues by Agy - If you are keen on giving your clothes a new lease of life, hop over to the DIY Fashion station and do a little sewing. Get creative - add a few embellishments, change the hemline or create a new silhouette!
- Fashion Show (5pm) will close the day and feature sustainable brand, Etrican, and upcycled garments.
Programme partner:11.30am - 1.00pm & 2.00pm - 3.30pm: Upcycled Quality Jewelry Making. Conducted by social enterprise Design Up Asia-trained disadvantaged women and volunteers, using quality junk semi-precious stones & material to create trendy wearables.2.00pm - 5.00pm: Make a T-Bag Upcycling Design Workshop. Conducted by Design Change Makers. Bring an old t-shirt, a pair of scissors and your mobile!4.00pm - 5.00pm: T-shirt Spring Scarf Workshop. Conducted by The Bunglin' Tinker, learn how to turn old t-shirts into stunning pieces.
- The event description was updated. Diff#34332 2014-04-25 07:45:49
11:00 AM - 6:00 PM SGT
Clothes Swop(11am onwards) FULL DIY Fashion (11am onwards) FULL Upcycled Quality Jewelry
FULL Make a T-Bag (2pm) FULL T-shirt Spring Scarf (4pm) FULL Fashion Show (5pm) FULL Upcycled Quality Jewelry Workshop (2pm) FULL
- Venue Address
- Alfresco area, *SCAPE, 2 Orchard Link, Singapore 237978, Singapore Singapore
5 min walk from Somerset MRT station. Take exit at 313@Somerset, turn left, cut through Discovery Walk (past the Charlie Brown cafe) and cross Grange Road. *SCAPE is next to the Cineleisure complex.
Agy Textile Artist677 Followers